Last Dollar Scholarship Application
The scholarship application period opened December 1st, 2021 for the 2022-2023 school year. Online applications and recommendations are due March 1, 2022 by midnight EST. GMFF accepts only online applications. The steps for new applicants are:
Step 1: Written Application and Recommendation Letters
Using the form below, complete and submit the written application and at least one letter of recommendation by March 1.
Step 2: Interview
You will be notified via email by March 8th if you are a finalist and are selected to participate in a 30 minute interview with one or more of the GMFF board members. Check out our Interviewing Tips
What you will need for the written application:
- Confirmation of your Pell Grant eligibility from your FASFA application for the upcoming school year (2022-2023).
- An official transcript of your most recently completed coursework. This may include high school transcripts, GED score report or any postsecondary course grades from your online university account
- The “Total Cost of Attendance” for the college(s) to which you are applying. This is typically found on the website of your college’s Office of Financial Aid
- Be a student in good standing at your school with no disciplinary and/or academic citations
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of eight (8) hours per semester of volunteer work
- Be willing to complete a personal interview
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, GMFF may elect to wave in-person interviews. However, we may opt to speak with you via phone, Face-time or a Zoom meeting. In addition, we will wave the volunteer hour requirement until health officials indicate it is safe to resume regular activities.