Last Dollar Scholarship Application
The application process for the 2021/2022 school year will be open from December 1st, 2020 through March 1st, 2021. Online applications and recommendations are due March 1st, 2021 by midnight EST. GMFF accepts only online applications. The steps for new applicants are:
Step 1: Written Application and Recommendation Letters
Using the form below, complete and submit the written application and at least one letter of recommendation by March 1, 2021.
Step 2: Interview
You will be notified via email by March 8th if you are a finalist and are selected to participate in a 30 minute interview with one or more of the GMFF board members. Check out our Interviewing Tips
What you will need for the written application:
- Confirmation of your 2021/2022 Pell Grant eligibility from your FASFA application
- An official transcript of your most recently completed coursework. This may include high school transcripts, GED score report or any postsecondary course grades from your online university account
- The “Total Cost of Attendance” for the college(s) to which you are applying. This is typically found on the website of your college’s Office of Financial Aid
- Be a student in good standing at your school with no disciplinary and/or academic citations
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of eight (8) hours per semester of volunteer work
- Be willing to complete a personal interview
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, GMFF has elected to wave in-person interviews. However, we may opt to speak with you via phone, Face-time or a Zoom meeting. In addition, we will wave the volunteer hour requirement until health officials indicate it is safe to resume regular activities.